Rules & Conditions
Entries will open on the 5th January. All entries will be online only, once we have reached capacity, entries will close.
In 2020 we have a compulsory $30 registration per competitor for all solo, duo, improv dances (excluding troupe days) This registration covers insurance, competitor entry and allows you to bring as many family and friends through the door to enjoy your child’s performance on any given solo day, there will no longer be an entry fee at the door excluding troupe days. Once the e-program has been finalised you will be sent a link download the e-program from our website, the e-program will no longer be emailed except to dance schools competing in troupes.
1. Age as at 1st January 2020.
2. Full payment is to be included with your entry.
3. No refunds will be given unless the section is cancelled.
4. It is compulsory for all competitors on the Troupe weekend to hold a Troupe weekend pass to perform and be able to come in and view. These are $8.00 per dancer and Studios must send a detailed list of each competitor’s name, to be printed on the pass. This pass is only valid for the Troupe weekend. Every competitor must present this pass to obtain access to the hall. All competitors competing in Solos, Duo/Trios and Improvs will have a separate compulsory pass that has been discounted to $8.00. This pass may only be used on Solo, Duo/Trio & Improv days. If the competitor is only competing in solos, duo/trios or Improvs, and would like to watch on the Troupe weekends, they can purchase a ticket at the door.
5. No repeats.
6. Groups must consist of 4 or more competitors.
7. Eldest competitor will determine the age of the Troupe & Duo/Trio/Quartet.
8. Duos, Trios & Quartets competitors cannot dance against themselves unless the section is combined.
9. Any protest must be lodged in writing no later than 30 minutes after the end of the section. A charge of $50 must be paid at time of protest. This fee is forfeited if your protest is unsuccessful.
10. Sections open and restricted where sufficient entries have been received.
11. No dance out of section. No section will be delayed due to late arrival.
12. I-Pods, I-Pads, smart phones and PC are preferred for music, CDs only as a back up must be cued and labelled.
13. No vocals for song and dance section or classical section.
14. Improvisation and plain leotard approximate time of improv will be one min.
15. No responsibility will be accepted by the Spring Dance Festival for any injuries or losses.
16. No props to be left in auditorium. Competitor is responsible for placement and removal on stage.
17. No coaching or prompting side stage, with the exception of 6 years and under.
18. All damage and breakages of school property by students will be passed onto studio for full payment.
19. No food or beverages allowed in dressing rooms or hall. An on the spot fine will be given. Bottled water only.
20. Noosa Spring Dance Festival will not be held responsible for any infringement of copyright or royalty by any competitor, schools, parent, guardians or dance teacher. Please make sure all music licenses are update to date and in accordance with the Copyright Amendment Act and APRA Guidelines.
21. If a substitute adjudicator is required NSDF reserves the right to do so.
22. Supervision of competitors is the sole responsibility of the parents and teachers and they will be held accountable for any infringement throughout the festival.
23. NSDF reserves the right to decide on any matters not covered by these rules.
24. Playing of music is the responsibility of the dance studio/parent/guardian for all music played.
25. Competitors 13 years & over who stop during their performance will not be allowed to re-appear in that performance.
26. Taking photographs by cameras, video cameras or mobile phone cameras of any performance is strictly forbidden. Professional services are provided. Please note that any device with a "screen" is strictly forbidden.
27. This Eisteddfod is open to Amateurs only, who have not, and are not receiving income, which has been/is derived from the particular class for which they entered. There are no more than 2 groups/troupes per age and genre allowed.
28. Adjudicators’ decision is final.
29. Student Choreography Solo section is split into 2 age groups, 12yrs/under and 13yrs/over, any style of dance is permitted. Student Choreography Solo time limit is 2 minutes. Student Choreopgraphy Troupe time limit is 3 minutes.
4Yrs/under 2 min solo
3 min per Solo
3 min Song & dance
3 min Duo & Trios & Quartets
5 min Groups
If the time limit is exceeded a bell will ring and you will be disqualified
Open and Restricted where sufficient entries were received
Solos – 4/U, 6/U, 8/U,10/U, 12/U,14/U, 16/U & Open
Duo/Trio/Quartet – 6/U, 8/U,10/U, 12/U,14/U, 16/U & Open
Troupes - 6/U, 8/U,10/U, 12/U,14/U,16/U and Open
30. It is the teacher’s responsibility to check competitor’s in side stage, and to be aware of what section is on and to check for any withdrawals which will amend the time to be ready. NSDF take no responsibility if school/competitor is not ready.
31. No parents are allowed side stage except for 6yrs/under students. Teacher may accompany solos up to 12yrs/under students. (Teacher only, no parents)
The committee reserves the right to combine, divide or cancel any sections, enforce time limits and decide on any matter not covered by these rules. The committee decisions will be final.
NOOSA SPRING DANCE FESTIVAL
Mob: 0414 696 887